Re: MGA tranny, Will it Fit a 3 main B?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA tranny, Will it Fit a 3 main B?
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:14:40 -0600
You'll need the MGA rear engine plate, MGA starter, and MGA
clutch/flywheel - unless you modify the MGA clutch release lever, etc.
for the MGB clutch. I can't remember if the B flywheel will fit the A
bellhousing.

The A gears will fit the B box without trouble. Perhaps it would be
easier to swap these parts if you have a B tranny case.

There are lots of early B gearboxes out there - why not use the proper
one??

Dave Q.
(who has several 3-main MGB and MGA trannies)