MG cache found (long

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: MG cache found (long
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:22:20 -0600
Hello Gang,
   While at lunch yesterday, I ran into an old friend from
my Jaguar-building days.  He too had a Jag but I had
forgotten that he was also into MGs.  John asked me if
I still had a Jag and I told him no but I have two MGBs.
That started the discussion.
   John retired from Amoco about the same time I left
them to form our company in 1994.  I had not talked to
him since.  In that time, he has lost interest in restoring
cars and has decided to sell his inventory -- and a cool
inventory it is!  For good loving homes, John has decided
to sell:

1972 MGB-GT in blue/buff, he is the original owner!
    The car has just under 60k miles, it does not have
    overdrive but he does have a new transmission with
    overdrive attached that he intended to install in it.  The
    car has original, working, air conditioning -- a really
    intriguing point for those of us who live in hot climes.
    The car is in great shape (his words) lacking only a
    hard detail.  John is not sure, as yet, about the asking
    price.

1971 MGB-GT in orange/black, he is the original owner!
    The car has about 35k miles, it DOES have overdrive
    and it does have original, working, air conditioning. It
    has 15" MGA wheels but the correct 14" wheels are
    included with the car.  It needs a water pump to be
    immediately usable (his words).  It too needs a hard
    detail.  John offered this car to me for US$4000.

1960 MGA-1600 colors unknown.  John bought this
    car when he lived in Germany.  I believe he bought
    it new but I can't guarantee that.  It has a few hail
    dimples in the upper panels.  The engine is 'locked'
    but not from abuse.  Rather, it just has not been
    started for <very> many years.  No mention of price.

1952 MG-TD colors unknown, repainted and 75%
    restored (his words).  He bought it in 1964.  He
    claims that it is 'complete.'  No mention of price.

1936 MG-SA 6 cylinder saloon, colors unknown. Also
    mostly restored (his words again).  John imported
    this car from England himself quite a few years ago.
    It is, of course, right-hand-drive.  John offered this
    car to me for US$5000.

   I don't know prices or values but the '71 B sounds a
little high except that it is a low mileage, original and
correct, one-owner air conditioned car.  I don't know
what that adds.
   I also have no monetary or personal interest in John's
offering these cars for sale other than knowing that cars
like these need good, loving homes not abusive owners
who would trash them then throw them away.  This is
the motive for my long-winded note this morning.

   John Eager can be reached at +1 918-749-0574.

Best regards,

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK