TD oil pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD oil pressure
From: Steve Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 15:03:02 -0800
My TD runs with lighter weight oil in the winter here in PA. I changed
to 20/50 wt. yesterday and my pressure guage is doing some "crazy"
things. My pressure usually shows about 45# with both 10/30 and 20/50.
Now at start up it shows 25# and slowly creeps up to 35#. With the
lighter oil it still showed 45#. This is the cars' 5th year on the road
and 9000 mile on the clock. Why would this happen now? Everything was
fine the day before the oil change and has been  consistant for 5 years.
Should I be concerned? Should I look for another inherent problem
causing this seeming anomaly.

Steve
52 TD