Re: UK BBS (long)

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UK BBS (long)
From: Bulwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 23:01:38 -0600
Douglas:

<<<snip>>>
 The response is "the
most looked at pages are the default startup pages for Explorer
and Netscape, they get checked about 5 gazillion times a day
<<<snip>>>

One thing I did is to have my bowser start up with a blank page.
I know that one of the reasons that the net is so slow is the
advertising.  That is what has made the net "free" but in
actuality you're paying for it in time.  My biggest hangup in
getting to some sites is waiting to gain access to some computer
which is posting advertising to the page.  Some of those same
URL's at the bottom are always cropping up.  When I changed to
Netscape 4.75, the first thing that shows up now in my mailer is
.... "ta da" ... advertising from Netscape.  I think I will
reinstall my old copy of 4.08 as it didn't do that.

Blake