carpet installation

Subject: carpet installation
From: jmc <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 01 13:25:57 -0800
Can't remember who was asking about carpet installation. But I went through my
archives and found this information written from Mike Robson. Hope it helps.

Joseph
67 B Roadster

<SNIP>

You shouldnt really need any instructions, the pieces are pretty obvious as to
where they go but the order in which you put them in makes the job a little
easier

1)install the long pieces that go along the side rails - remember to cut holes
for the seat belts AFTER its installed but before the glue dries.

2)footwell and front tunnel cover pieces

3)rear wheel arch and vertical piece (from battery cover chelf to the floor)

4)tunnel cover - install it over the backing first, outside the car and install
it FLAT so there are no kinks when you rebend it)

5)under seat mats - don9t glue them

6)footwell mats and battery cover mat - make sure all the floor fasteners are
present and correct and dry fit before you install the snaps

Have fun! - its a very rewarding job and should only take you 3-4 hours
including a few beverage breaks!!