Re: optical ignition question

To: "Cady, Richard H" <richard.cady@eds.com>
Subject: Re: optical ignition question
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:54:55 -0800
My tach was over-driven when I installed a Crane optical system several
years ago on my '65, and, as I recall, instructions from somewhere said
to "un-loop" the sensor wire on the back of the tach so it made only one
pass through the sensor instead of two.

That worked, and still does with my new Petronix ignition.  So, if your
tach bounces around a lot or reads too high, try this.  Apparently the
extra dwell time EIs provide can affect electric tachs, especially old
ones.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT