Re: TF Replica

To: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: TF Replica
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 16:28:31 +0000
Good Folks,
In my hands I am holding the original Press package embargoed for the
1st of March 1984 on the 1983 Naylor TF1700. Its got a spec sheet
comparing it to the 1955 MGTF and with beautiful 4-color photos.
The engine was a 4 cylinder inline "O" series 1700 belt drive SOHC. 9.0
to 1 compression, 77 BPH at 5180rpm, power/weight ratio(BPH/ton) 90:1.
Kerb weight(Fully equipped oil, fuel and water)1914lbs. compared to the
TF's 2022lbs.
What else would you like to know?
I'm looking for the info on the MG replicar that Ken Gross took over.
That had the TF look with the MGB running gear, built by Great Lakes or
something like that. Will be back with that info once I get my hands on
it.
Cheers,
Dave Houser