Re: Sudden Engine Stoppage - No restart

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sudden Engine Stoppage - No restart
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:31:14 -0000
Can you remember if the tach died the instant the engine cut or continued
registering until you dipped the clutch or knocked it out of gear?  If the
tach was still registering at least the ignition LT circuit was still good,
could be ignition HT, timing or fuel.

A weak spark i.e. yellow can be caused by a bad condenser (if you had one,
presumably not) - it should be blue, make a sharp 'crack' and be able to
jump at least 1/4".

Could be anything in the ignition electronics which can only be checked by
substitution - idealy a standard points system.

If it was the ballast you almost certainly wouldn't be getting any spark at
all, as with a bad coil.

Check the timing.

Single carb?  Could be that.

PaulH.