Re: Which Wire...

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which Wire...
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:21:56 -0600
At 09:20 AM 3/15/2001 -0500, Mike Razor wrote:
>New symptom!  All came back on line, working fine after it sat for about
1/2 hour, started it up and when I depress the brake pedal it all dropped
off line.

This sounds suspiciously like a short in the brake light circuit.

>Also, while driving it this morning it just died, like the ignition was
cut off, ....

Here's hoping you haven't fried the wiring harness by now.  You can
probably use a jumper wire to supply power to the ignition coil to get it
running to drive home without being towed.  However, I would attend to that
short at the earliest possible convenience.  And if it's not convenient
right now, maybe park the car until it is.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg