Which Wire....

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which Wire....
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:02:15 -0500
Did not have time to fool with the MGB yesterday, had to work, so I
can throw copious amounts of money at the MG.  Anyway, let it sit out
all night and was pulling it into the garage.  Started it up and
everything worked as it should, stepped on the brake pedal and it all
died.  The motor ran fine, with the new Weber it seems to tick over
just great.
Checked to see if I might get lucky and it was a wire behind the brake
pedal, no such luck.  While the car is running I have good strong
headlights and it appears that everything is charging, no ignition
light comes on once the car is started.  If I don't touch the brakes I
have a working tach, turn signals, wipers, fuel gauge.  I guess I
could get the TD out, it never seems to give me any trouble, just take
a while to go places. :)
Just an update on the symptoms.
THANKS!
MIKE