Parting with '79 MGB LE

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parting with '79 MGB LE
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:25:32 -0600
Hi Gang,
   My son and I have decided to part with one of
the two cars that we rescued from the flood.  If
you have followed any of our exploits, you know
the story.  If not, here is the condensed version.
   Late last summer, my 15 y/o son and I bought
two MGBs from a friend.  These cars had been
underwater for a short time and were obviously,
not running.  They are a 1970 MGB-GT and a 1979
MGB LE, in the black/black with silver LE trim.  Both
engines have been rebuilt including rings and big-
end bearings but not cam or main bearings.  Oil
pressure is very good.  Both cars are 0.030"
overbored and are now, in pretty nice shape.
   We have decided to sell the '79 B and share
the B-GT.  This cuts our costs, time and garage
requirements in half.  Mom likes the idea of a closed
car for Allen.  But that's a whole other issue.
   The '79 B is running and drivable but I have not
put it back into regular use for the 'time' issue listed
above.  Knowing all this, the car is for sale 'as is.'
Price has not been decided upon as the decision to
sell only occurred today.
   Thoughts?  Interest?

Best regards,
--