Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:08:04 -0800
Mike,

Could you have some crud in the float bowl or gas tank or somewhere in the
fuel line that when going uphill it blocks the flow of fuel?  If you can
accelerate with a load on the level but it craps out going up a slight
incline, it sounds like a fuel blockage to me.

Dave 72 B

Worked on the aforementioned truck today.  Got to experience the problems
first hand.

It's an '86 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually Pickup with a lifting dump bed and a V8
(I think it's a 350 with a 2 barrel carb).  It runs fine on straight and
level road.  Plenty of power.  Within 100 feet of driving on an incline
(even 10 degrees),  the engine seems to die.  No power, although it
continues to run.  I get a brief surge of power, then nothing, brief surge,
then nothing.

Mike

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list