Jackstand Danger, was Re: Help with jackstands.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jackstand Danger, was Re: Help with jackstands.
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:08:16 -0500
I've gotten alot of great replies about jackstands, and I think I know what
I need to do.

I did share with some people in private email WHY I'm wary of jackstands and
it was suggested I share it here.

I went to college with a guy in a wheelchair. He was working on his car up
on jackstands (only front two, I think). His mistake was, his car was parked
on the street in front of his house in a residential neighborhood.

A drunk driver came down the street and rear ended his car, knocked it off
the jackstands and broke his spine, paralyzing him at about the belly
button.

This would be sad enough as it is. But jim had been a football player, an
All american for, I believe, Penn State. He had been working with an agent,
and was expected to be drafted high in the second round of the NFL draft.

So every time I see a car up on jack stands, I get a little shudder.

-C
off to buy big daddy jack stands.