Pertronix Info

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pertronix Info
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:28:45 -0500
Some of you may recall a recent thread about Pertronix units for various Lucas
distributors.  I needed one for my  Model 41427 45D4 and was having problems
getting the straight scoop.  I called Pertronix (1-800-827-3758) and asked for
application assistance.  As soon as I said the word 'Lucas', the operator
immediately suggested that I call Custom Spares at 1-800-431-4343 and ask for
Stewart.  I gave him the distributor model number, he checked his list and told
me that I needed an LU-PE144B.  The price was too good to pass up ($74.99).
(Sorry Ed, Skip, Lawrie).

     It probably took all of twenty minutes to install it this evening.  BTW, to
get the record straight -- you can indeed statically time a Pertronix Ignitor
using a test lamp.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/