Finished the Re-build, but.....

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finished the Re-build, but.....
From: "Ernest Shirley" <ernestern@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:03:26 -0600
...I need help getting the carburetor adjusted.  At least I'm assuming it's
the carburetor (I plead ignorance when it comes to carburetion)

It's a 78 MGB with a Weber carb.  The engine has been successfully rebuilt,
as well as the carb (a more knowledgeable than I buddy helped me out) and it
runs beautifully when sitting there.  But when accelerating heavily it will
begin to spit and sputter something terrible around 3-3.5k rpms and will
continue to do so unless you push in the clutch and let it clear, at which
point it will do OK.  During moderate acceleration it does much better.  I
fooled with both the timing and the air/fuel mixture until I'm blue in the
face and I can't seem to solve the problem (even the aforementioned buddy of
mine gave up).  Is there something I'm missing or do I need to be more
diligent and fool around with it more?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list