MGA done!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA done!
From: "swillis" <swillis@premiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:32:56 -0600
I finished my 59 MA. My wife told me she was pregnant in October. I said,
"That's nice dear...". Then my mind raced! I thought I better take the car off
the frame now or it will be 20 years from now. I called the best painter
around (Rolland Thomason here in Bowling Green, KY) to give me an estimate for
body work.  He scratched his head and said hum a lot. We agreed on a figure
that would allow me to do the assembly work.

The first day we had the car stripped bare to the tub and exposed floor
boards. I thought I would never get it back together again. He has an
assistant that does the sandblasting and hand sand work while Rolland does
metal cutting, welding, bending, bondo, painting, etc.

FINISHED IN 5 MONTHS!! We started in mid November. I could not get parts fast
enough. He had the body ready for assembly by early January even though he was
also painting a boat, a 68 Z28, a 64 convertible Chevell, and doing odd job
dent repairs on a Jag and a Bronco. He has worked on several British cars. I
cannot say enough about his professionalism and his work ethic. My car is
perfect. The paint is smooth as glass and flawless. He helped me align the
body and doors. The lines are perfect! He would not settle for less. I'm am
driving it regularly and plan to show it in Louisville June 2nd.

If any one is interested in seeing photos of the process, my car, and Rollo's
facility just email me. He has no idea I am putting his number out, but I just
think he needs some national exposure. I've seen $50K jobs that don't look
near as good as Rollo's work. He is very reasonable. He has a room large
enough for 4 cars, a blasting room, a paint room, rotisserie rack, a shower,
large satellite TV, and great stereo (makes it comfortable if you want to hang
out and do some of the work). He's pretty quiet, so if you call expect that.
He also does not drink. Which leaves all the beer for me!

Here is his number:
Rollo's Auto resorations
270-782-6593
Bowling Green, KY