Sabrina (with Pictures)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sabrina (with Pictures)
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:43:43 EST
Greetings All!

This was sent by a good friend on the TR list.

I was watching Speed vision this morning and saw a presentation on TRs and
the
Alpine Rally. When I first tuned in they were talking about the TR3s
cleaning up
taking all five top spots and the team prize. They then talked about a new
factory car called a TRS or TR type S with a twin overhead cam 4
cylinder.<snip>  My question for the group is has anyone seen or know about
the TRS or the twin overheard cam 4banger, or  about that TR4 with the center
light?
<

Commonly referred to as the "Sabrina" engine.  So named due to the
resemblance of the cast aluminium cam gear covers to the, um, well, , um
well endowed  Welsh Jane Mansfield, I believe she was called.  Quite the
appropriate engine for the "wasp waisted" TR3, doncha think?

God bless cantilever construction!

http://www.goon.org/usgoons/sabrina/

Perhaps my speculation was correct after all.

Eric
74 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list