74 MGB ??????

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 MGB ??????
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:41:00 -0600
I currently have 2 1974 MGBs.  One is being restored and the other is for
parts.  Both have the chrome with rubber face bumper overriders.  Looking at
the 1974 ads for sale on ebay, I see they have a heavy rubber overrider.  I
know they switched to the full rubber bumper half way through 74.  It
appears there were actually three different bumper configurations for the
1974 MGB, is this correct?  I looked up the VIN numbers on the UK MG site
and they are correct for a 1974 MGB exported to the US.  Are these cars
really 1973 models that were shipped toward the end of the 1973 production
run?  The VIN numbers for the two cars are almost 1000 different.  I forgot
to bring the VIN numbers to work with me today or I would list them.  Don't
get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I prefer the look of the chrome
overriders to the heavy rubber overriders.

Just wondering,

Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list