Re: dodged the bullet

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>,
Subject: Re: dodged the bullet
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 18:16:46 -0600 (MDT)
They are not the same.  The Moss one for $450 is made with the original
tools, IIRC by British Heritage, the other is a generic OEM one.

I have heard that the quality of both is not good.  I ended up buying a
RRB fender for my '70 CBB and having the missing piece welded in.

The used ones are supposed to fit much better, but the labor on
prepping the used fender pushed my price up over $500 total.

I have been told that the OEM ones can take 10 hours to get the fit
correct back by the door.  Mine ended up costing me about $120 or so
for the used fender patched for a CB and the rest of the $ for labor in
fixing all of the dings in the used fender, but they said it fit right
on with no fighting...

YMMV!

--
Andrew Lundgren