Re: Engine Degrease

To: Gonaj@aol.com, JonL@avanade.com, MGMagnette@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Degrease
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
If I recall correctly, The original email was just a concern with using
Kerosene to clean the engine and the concern that some may get into the
cylinders or the coolant areas via ports or other areas that are open from
partial disassembly. Ultimately, kerosene isn't going to hurt the oil or
coolant unless it's in a rather large quantity. The fix...fill the engine
with the correct fluids...run for a bit...drain and replace fluids...no more
kerosene.

Enjoy....don't worry about the small stuff...life is too short. :o)))

Dan Dwelley

JonL@avanade.com
>  writes:
>

>  > Seems to me, though, that whatever gets into your engine will end up in
>  > the oil and (possibly) the coolant.
>
>  I'm going to agree with Blakes comments on this one but add a caution
that if
>  you are getting any cross contamination of oil and coolant you have a
serious
>  problem which MUST to be addressed.
>
>  George

Dan Dwelley