MG enthusiasts lost: Tom Hitch of Indy and Ray Bonze of Chicago

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG enthusiasts lost: Tom Hitch of Indy and Ray Bonze of Chicago
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:53:15 EDT
Yo chaps!

I received the following from Mike Moor (Angola, IN) yesterday (4/4/01):

It is with heavy heart I tell you all of the death of a V8er.Tom Hitch of
Indy was found dead in his car at a rest area near Indy today.He was going
over to a fellows house to work on his recently purchased MG TD.He never
arrived.They think it was heart related.Services are not yet scheduled.If
interested,contact Jim Patterson at 317.248.8477.
Tom was in Sebring this spring.Many of us drank several beers talking MGs
with him.I,personally,will miss him greatly.

                        God bless,
                            Mike Moor

I met Tom several years ago through NAMGBR and our local clubs, the Hoosier
MG Club and the Prairie Octagon. Tom had recently found himself in a position
where he could truly enjoy himself without financial burden. It is a shame
that he could not live out this lifestyle. He owned a V8 roadster, a 1965 B
Tourer, and recently purchased an MGTD.

Visitation will be tonight (4/5) at Flannery's in Broadripple from 5pm-8pm
CDT. A memorial service will be held tomorrow at a chapel in Broadripple with
a wake to follow at the pub he recently sold in downtown Indianapolis (I
believe on Michigan near I-70).

Memorial contributions can be made to: Partners in Education in care of
Junior Achievement.

And this in today (4/5/01) from Kim Tonry of Chicago:

Rick,

I don't know if you were on the list on the e-mail Cowboy sent out this
morning. Ray Bonze passed away. The visitation is tomorrow night in Villa
Park and the funeral is Saturday.

Kim

Ray and his wife Pauline were great supporters of the Marque. Ray had a TF
and an MGB/LE. He too will be missed.

Regards...

rick ingram

///