RE: mgb chrome bumpers - advice

To: danhackney@nc.rr.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: mgb chrome bumpers - advice
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 03:28:14 -0400
Talking about bumpers:

My BGT has a replica chrome front bumper.
This was advised by my local very long experienced parts supplier.
He restored for his lady friend an MGC to the utmost highest concours
standard.
She has won even very high rated UK concourses with this great car.
Yes - this car is equipped with the same replica type.

IMHO if your car will be in the open - high wheather proof chrome quality is
advised - i.e. original parts.
If your MG will be driven in dry wheather and will always be stored in a dry
garage, a replica bumper (low cost!!!) is fine. This bumper may need to be
polished more frequently than the other one, but its worth it I think. Mine
was a special offer for $ 50.00 only....

Cheers,

Hans