Re: mgb hood - advice

To: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb hood - advice
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:19:20 +0100
Fair enough.  Both my hoods/bonnets have skims of filler in a couple of
places but neither were evident until I stripped them.  My painter said he
could either strip the roadster back to bare metal and start again, or
feather the old paint where I had stripped back to bare metal to repair rust
areas.  As most of the car seem to have been repainted about four times he
warned that as the new paint shrunk it could cause the older layers to crack
if I chose to feather it.  Seeing as how it was the same price I obviously
chose the full strip.  The GT V8 roof has a tracery of fine cracks in it,
maybe it too has been respayed many times and the older layers have given
way.

PaulH.