TD Brake Drums and Hubs Help

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Brake Drums and Hubs Help
From: "Robin Camblin" <rcamblin2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:23:29 -0500
Well, it has finally happened, while restoring the 1951 TD's brake system I
have a need to replace the drums.

Last driving season, all was fine until late Sept. when the wife told me
that her TD was not stopping like she felt it should.  Since she has been a
partner in maintaining the TD I was pretty sure she was just not being
confused between the good old 'non boosted' system and her 4 power disc
daily driver.

So into redoing the brake system, I chose White Post for complete
restoration of Master and wheel cylinders and relining of the shoes.  They
do an excellent job.  Also replaced the pedal shaft, to eliminate all
additional play.  After reassembly, car was still not stopping up to, what I
consider, satisfaction. So off again with the drums and had the shoes
'Arc'ed' to the drums. The drums were a wavy so had them turned.

Well still not up to standard, with full adjustment on the Micam's drums are
not locking.  I am now down to replacing the drums, and also the purpose of
this message.  As far as I have been able to research, rear drums are
available from usual supplier's but not the front.  Does anyone know of a
source?

Or any ideas of what to do next?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rob