Nice weather and Attitude on the prowl

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nice weather and Attitude on the prowl
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:27:08 -0500
Speaking of nice weather, I was down in Champaign today at Assembly Hall
working on a new sunburn and kicking a** in an SCCA autocross.  38 drivers,
small lot, nothing flat, tight turns and sweeping curves, no long
straights, so the power cars were sulking all day while I was taking the
index trophy.  Only two cars beat my scratch time, one mod car by about a
second, and one Street Prepared car by a few tenths.

There was a nice TR6 with a hot cam and fat tires that did a nice job of
walking off with the Novice Prepared class trophy.  A TVR 280i suffered
well down in the rankings of a Street Prepared index class (sorry Barry).
Otherewise it was a good day for the British iron.  Afterwards a few people
wanted a fun run ride in the wild MGA with sticky tires that was making all
the noise.  Truth be known, that may be the best part of the day, scaring
the hell out the passenger.

YEEHAA !!!!  What a great way to kick off a new driving season.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///