Welcom Back Jon! (and MGB sighting)

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welcom Back Jon! (and MGB sighting)
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gang!

I've been off list for quite some time. Hope I didn't
miss any good DCOE arguments or flame wars :-) (didn't
try to read the 3700 messages in the mailbox). Seemed
like there was a lot of '77 MGB postings.

Took a wonderful ride Saturday to buy a puppy.
Unfortunately, it was in the big assed van instead of
the MG. Had to bring the dogs along. Anyway, I spotted
two very nice looking MGBs as I traveled through
kentuckyana.

The first was a red, rubber bumpered, luggage racked
beauty with the low wide black stripe down the side.
It was north of Bloomington (IU for those who don't
know Kentuckyana) on highway 37. I think that would be
IN37.

The second was on US 231 in Crawfordsville. A nice
looking chrome bumpered beauty that appeared to be
slightly on the modified side.

BTW: my '77 has been running great since I put a new
fuel pump in last Jan. I've been hitting hard every
gravel, paved, wet or dry corner I can find, trying to
push it past it's limits. If I disappear off the list
again, I probably  bit it. Oh, yes, and it did try to
kill me with CO poisoning from a small exhaust leak in
front of the firewall, where the header clamps to the
exhaust pipe. I'm OK, the doctor said it was just the
equivalent of sniffing glue for a couple of years.

jon

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly but surely healing:
before: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1294999&a=9971270
after: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1294999&a=9971291
58 Willys CJ-3B http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Paulsen.html
:O crowd: "They all sound the same!" Neil Young: "It's all one song!" :O
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list