Castrol warning, was: Re: Help - oil leaking onto exhaust

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Castrol warning, was: Re: Help - oil leaking onto exhaust
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:55:57 -0500
"Peter C." wrote:

> At 01:26 PM 4/11/2001, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
> >You can also try Simple Green or Castrol Super Cleen (I think it's called),
> >which should work well.
>
>          Castrol Super Cleen... removes paint, usually. Gunk and Simple
> Green OK.
>
> Peter C

   Peter is right!  This is almost a 'me too' post but with a
twist.  I would like to add that even diluted, the Castrol
Super Clean (a.k.a. "purple stuff") will bleach the color out
of the dyes used on under bonnet stickers.  My old 2002tii
BMW had a number of all-but-pure white stickers under
the hood when I sold it!  Who knows what they once said...

rick

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list