Re: Need to buy a good clutch

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need to buy a good clutch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:40:13 -0700
I have been advised that the proper original equipment style clutch is
perfectly adequate for street use, and that it frequently outlasts the
so-called "heavy duty" clutch. Any of the usual suppliers (and there are
several on this list) can provide same. The addition of overdrive will not
put any additional strain on the clutch. It is a good idea to replace the
throwout bearing while you're in there, and carefully evaluate the condition
of the engine rear and transmission front seals.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///