Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy?

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:21:08 -0500
At 03:49 PM 4/20/2001 +0300, Evangelos G. Makris wrote:
>In the last issue of the French magazine "Retro Viseur", on page 29
there's an ad of a little fuel filter-like thing called "Fuelstar" that is
made in New Zealand, claiming to use the chemical element Sn to solve the
unleaded problem for at least 500,000 kilometers....!!

>Now, has anyone had any experience with that thing?

Don't everyone holler at once now.  I will take my best shot at being subtle.

I seem to recall that Sn is tin, and that would be the stuff they used to
coat the insides of "tin cans" with to assure that there would be
absolutely no chemical change whatsoever to the contents coming into
contact with it.  The ad might be more convincing if it said Pb rather than
Sn, but it still wouldn't do nuttin.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg