Re: Non LBC car!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC car!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:12:54 EDT
In a message dated 22/04/01 5:20:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> If you really want the best of the 'poor man's E-type', get a
> 1970-1972 Datsun 240Z. (See, I told you it was non LBC!).  I paid
> $4200 for mine (It has air and other dealer options, read money
> makers.) in 1972 which I believe was less than the MGB and TR6
> which I test drove.

Blake - the 240 Z (that's 'zed', not 'zee' - take that you Americans) is
indeed a great value, but more a substitute for a GT6 than a Spitfire.

Don't know why, but up in this part of the country we always called the Spit
a 'secretary's' car, while young guys were much more likely to own Spridgets.

Bill S.
(who spent the last two evenings in front of the tube patiently resurfacing
24 Lamborghini cam followers - I'm the one with the black fingers permanently
frozen in the shape of a claw......)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list