SU fuel pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU fuel pump
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:20:27 -0400
Ok, this is an old story. Fuel pump on car going south. The pump is less
than 1 Year and 4k old. It is Pos ground for 67 B. I ran the car for a
couple of hours today and yesterday at 50-60 without a tic then while with
Wife going to frinds 30mi away the car started the fuel starvation thing
(can't go fast, fuel filter empty or very down when I stopped a couple of
times. Rap the thing and we are on the road. Ok, going on Rally next Sunday
it is about 1.5-2.0hrs away. Don't need the car dying on the pike with wife
onboard. More money than time right to fix. Should I go the extra stretch
and get the solid state unit or just get another regular unit. I am not
mechanically inclined enough that I think i want to risk Building Barney's
aux fuel pump this week and not having it together for the weekend. If my
wife does not get to see the Baby Llamas next weekend she will start to
question this LBC thing.

Carl W. French

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list