Speedometer Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer Question
From: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:14:45 -0700
 HI

We are having a problem with the Speedometer on the 79 MGB we are trying to
restore.  We were able to hook the drill up to the Speedometer and it moves
and can go different speeds the faster you press the drill, so we figure
maybe the Speedometer is not broken because it seems to be moving fine, so
last night we tried the same thing with the Speedometer cable and same thing
it moves the speedometer too, we hooked the cable back up and the
speedometer doesn't do anything now.  So could it be the part, the gear it
hooks to inside the transmission ?  Is it possible to get inside there and
fix that part without having to pull the transmission?  Still waiting for
the manual to arrive!  Thanks for any advice on this!

Lisa Ann

72 Midget owned 24 years
79 MGB trying to restore

///