Re: FW: Now: Black is beautiful - was: Why is it so hard to

To: Jerry Erbesfield <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: FW: Now: Black is beautiful - was: Why is it so hard to
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
Gotta disagree with you here, Jerry. My black '95 VW Jetta had a new hood
and front fenders and repainted driver's door as a result of an accident,
and I can tell. Maybe it's the quality of the old paint job, but when you
look at the driver's side, you can definitely tell that the rear door and
rear fender have older paint...

Re: this whole colour thing - I think I might have a picture of a Black
Tulip roadster from the 'MG's on the Rocks' show last fall, I'll root
around for it. I agree it's a wonderful colour. I also like the BRG (late
'60's version) with a black interior with white piping. It's funny that
BRG is so associated with MG's, when so many of the early cars were Tartan
Red.  I'm planning on painting my '65 the Tartan Red, mainly because that
was the original colour and I'm trying to put it back into original
condition.
--- Jerry Erbesfield <jerbesfield@mediaone.net> wrote:
> If you have to repaint a panel for some reason, with black it is
> absolutely undetectable that it has been painted at a different time
> than the other panels.

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ