Rebuilt Distributor Question

To: MG Mail List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilt Distributor Question
From: Konrad Crist <crscapps@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:59:47 -0400
Looking at the VB catalog (Spring 2001, page 156) I see that VB offers a
rebuilt 25D(?) distributor for MGBs from 1966-1974. In the bottom note they
say that earlier distributors are not recommended for 1972 - 1974 Bs. Does
anyone know what, then, VB is selling, and will it be the "right"
distributor for a 1972 B?? Is it in fact a rebuilt 25D or some other dizzy?
If their dizzy is not a good buy, anyone know where I can get a decent
original or rebuilt unit (Lucas #41370) without having to sell a body part
first?

Thanks,
Konrad Crist
'72 MGB