RE: sheet metal

To: "bob vin" <bvinci@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sheet metal
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 07:19:58 -0500
Don't know if you've gotten any answers, but go for the British Heritage
pieces, especially the floor pans.  I have an after market floor pan for the
driver's side and of course my current restoration I needed the passenger
side.  I had a passenger side, but got cut up and used for patches on my
son's car.  I bought a British Heritage passenger side floor pan from TRF
during their spring sale for my car.  There is no comparison in the quality
of the two, however there are many differences.

The after market floor pan is thinner material and has a lip all the way
around the edges.  There are no holes for the seats and no bolts for the
wiring and plumbing brackets that run under the passenger floor pan.

The Heritage floor pan is thicker metal, but has no lip around the edges.
It has the welded nuts for the seat bolts.  It also has all the studs to
secure the wiring and plumbing brackets under the floor.

Now if I could just find someone to replace the floor pan for me I'd get on
with the restoration.  None of the body shops I've contacted locally want to
mess with rust.  They say it takes too long and theirs more money in
collision damage.

Good luck with your repairs,

Ken