RE: the Sunday drive

To: "bob vin" <bvinci@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: the Sunday drive
From: &mem;&resh;&tet;&yod;&fnun; &resh;&vav;ℷ&vav;&bet;&yod;&fnun;
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 15:31:32 +0200
> Ah, the fabled Sunday drive. How is it that Max writes about
> all the old
> vehicles he saw on his Sunday drive when my SO and I
>drove about 100
> miles around NJ
> and saw nary a one.

Well, I didn't see any other LBClassics on my (Thursday) Sunday drive here
in Israel, though there were a few MGFs scattered around.
And I did give a hearty wave to the pristine (externally at least) early
60's Studebaker that was trundling down the highway at about 50 mph.

You know, they actually built Studebakers here (in Haifa) from 1960-67.
I don't think there are too many Sabra-bakers left around though.
I once saw a web site about the history of the factory, but I can't seem to
find it now.
(Sabra, for those of you who don't know, is the fruit of the prickly-pear
cactus, and is used to mean a native-born Israeli - prickly on the outside,
sweet on the inside.  I suppose its no dopier than any other national myth -
but I digress).
Martin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list