MGB windscreen seal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <rexcats@telocity.com>
Subject: MGB windscreen seal
From: "John DiFede" <JDIFEDE@cablevision.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 09:28:09 -0400
Lisa Wrote;

I decided
not to put sealant under the seal as I could not figure how to do it with
out getting it all over the car, instead I am going to wait a few months and
try then hoping that the seal will have worked itself into a memory
position and be easier then, is that the way anyone else has done this?

Lisa.

Get a tube of windshield sealant.  The stuff I used was from Eastwood.  The
tubes are the same as caulking tubes and you will need a caulking gun, about
$7.00-10.00 bucks at a hardware store.  Have someone lift the seal with a
screwdriver wrapped in cloth, while you follow behind and squirt sealant under
the seal.  Don't use too much sealant or it will then squeeze out from under
the seal onto the body.

You windshield job doesn't sound so bad, I broke two while trying to replace
mine.   The first one when  I used too long a screw on the top of the frame,
and the second while I was trying to line up the holes to reattach the
windshield to the body.   In my opinion, windshield replacement is the worst
MGB job.

John

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list