Re: Darn wheel/tyre argument-Reply

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Darn wheel/tyre argument-Reply
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 21:00:57 -0700
I don't understand the issue here at all. Surely, the reason you would be
going to 15 inch wheels is in order to use lower profile tires to maintain
the same rolling diameter (the "plus 1" concept) -- am I right? If so, then
there is no reason to change diff ratios at all. And I can't imagine what
kinds of tires these guys would be running on 13 inch wheels -- they don't
make 'em any taller than 80 series -- you'd think they'd be dragging the
ground.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149