Fw: 5 speed conversion

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: 5 speed conversion
From: "Parker, Richard" <RPARKER@csuchico.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:33:30 -0700
Another new source for five-speed conversions is Ian Hamer, who lives in
Manchester but spends much of his time here in my town in California.  He's
starting to import Ford Sierra gearboxes for about $1700, a version that is
pretty much bolt-in, at least with the MGA.  Mine is sitting in the garage
in its box, waiting to be installed in a week or so!  If all goes well
(including no problems with the newly rebuilt motor), I should have a report
in about a fortnight.

Richard Parker
Department of Philosophy
'62 MGA Mk II roadster