Lowering MGB Front End

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lowering MGB Front End
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:33:09 -0400
If any of you who have seen my B on the track with its high profile Dunlop
race tires, you know how high it sits - WAY TOO HIGH!

I'm looking at ways to get some of that height out of the car.  The rear is
relatively easy & I can't drop it much in any case for clearance needs on
the road.  But, the front end is another story.

Bob Yarwood has his modified A-arm mounts, dropped spindles are available,
and shorter, stiffer springs are in abundance.  I would like to keep the
suspension geometry at or close to stock.  (BTW, I am not going to negative
camber.  It's one of those compromises I have to make for the streets where
I do 95% of my driving.)  However, I would like to hear from any of you on
the list who have tried any methods for lowering your MGB's front end to
learn what your experiences have been.  Ease of modification; strength for
racing; affect on handling; affect on ride; etc.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB, occasional vintage racer

///