Clubhouse Corner

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clubhouse Corner
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:24:27 +0000
Hey,

What do you think?

I might publish an illustrated guide to getting around racetracks.  What
a way to get someone to pay me to drive every track?  Nahhh, they will
never go for it.

This page shows a map of the track (light grey line) and the best racing
line (dark line) and then illustrates how beautifully I do it :-)  The
worst thing is that the so-called 'best' line is mostly for cars with
big sticky tyres - some lines are just impossible to take at speed :-)

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/clubhouse/

The thing is that they would have to take shots all year to catch me
getting it "right" around most corners (these shots were taken over a
quite a number of laps).  Many shots would be great "how-not-to-do-it"
series and also spectacular excursions off the track.

I find the best incentive at this corner (Clubhouse Corner) at Mallala
is the big concrete wall about thirty feet from the edge of the track on
the driver's left.  Drift out too far and WHAMMO!  Great incentive :-)

I am just getting around to scanning lots of photos I have lying around
and putting them up on my website, so expect a few more of these invites
:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia