FW: rolling the rear fenders

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: rolling the rear fenders
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 09:47:01 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Erbesfield [mailto:jerbesfield@mediaone.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 9:46 AM
To: Bill Mills
Subject: RE: rolling the rear fenders

On MY B the lip itself did NOT bend. That lip is strong as Hell. I don't
think that you are going to get the lip to bend. However, the whole fender
panel flexed outward enough to give me the very little bit of extra
clearance that I needed so that my tires wouldn't rub.

SP20's are good but I am NOT familiar with your wheel size or offset. This
is NOT a fix for if your tires won't fit in the first place, because you can
only gain maybe 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch without a noticeable (unsightly) bulge
in the fender panel.

You maybe could use the baseball bat (as you described in the post to the
list that I also saw), in conjunction with grinding off the some of the lip
too. You've got up to about 1/2 inch total to work with on the lip. You need
to leave at least a little for strength and looks though. You might be able
to make your tire/wheel combo fit that way.

Good luck!

Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield/