RE: Where is the insturment voltage stablizer?

To: lundgren@byu.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Where is the insturment voltage stablizer?
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 02:39:24 -0400
Hi Andrew,

The stabiliser is mounted onto the firewall behind the temp. gauge.

In my '71 BGT this gauge did not work as well.
As the temp gauge works well, the most obvious failing part is the temp
sender int the tank.

Check:
Check that the ground wire of the temp sender really is ground, its
connection to the car body maybe corroded.
When correct make the two wires on the temp. sender connecting eachother;
then switch on the contact briefly and switch off quickly afterwards - don't
need to start the engine.
The gauge should travel to F quickly. If so, the temp. sender is faulty.
If the travel does not happen, the gauge does not receive voltage.
Check with a proper diagram. The voltage from the regulator should turn
on/off and is visable with a meter (digital meters show this less).
As the other gauges are working properly, I don't expect the regulator is
faulty...

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hans