Strange Spark Plug

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange Spark Plug
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:00:30 -0500
A couple years ago I bought a 74 MGB that needed total restoration, but the
price was real good.  Along with the complete car I got a lot of spares,
including many boxes of miscellaneous parts.  I had glanced through the
boxes, but this last Sunday I decided to inventory the stuff to see what I
really had.

In a coffee can I found an old (I think) spark plug that has never been
used.  The plug has K L G PF 70 on the ceramic part and also on the metal
part that screws into the engine.  It also says Made In England.  The
strange (to me at least) part is that the ceramic part including the center
electrode is removable from the metal part that screws into the engine
block. The metal part that screws into the block has the bent over part that
the center electrode sparks too.  There is a sleeve that screws into the
metal part that secures the ceramic part into the metal part.  (I hope you
can understand this)

Any ideas of when this plug may have been made or what it might have been
for?

Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list