RE: ADO Numbers

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "'Bullwinkle'" <yd3@nvc.net>,
Subject: RE: ADO Numbers
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:49:52 -0600
Kelvin Dodd said:

>The point is that the factory records and recollections are vague enough that
>all kinds of
possibilities exist.

>    Anyone who believes that the history of MG is etched in stone, hasn't
>taken the time to
turn the stone over to see what crawls out.

Take this for what it's worth.  A friend in Denver worked for Hollywood
Sportscar (in
Hollywood ... duh) back in the middle 60's, a British car dealership.  He was a
young man,
in charge of the parts department.  The owner of Hollywood Sportscar campaigned
many MGBs in
the local Southern California race circuits.  My friend insists that MG shipped
5 MGB cars
to Hollywood Sportscar that were to be prepped for racing, all with the same
serial number.
Not by mistake.  The idea is you qualify a car, and have several "identical"
backups.  One
breaks you use the next one, no one knows the difference ... one goes through
scrutiny ...
one doesn't.  Get the picture?  He swears this is a true story.

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list