Re: Removing seats

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com
Subject: Re: Removing seats
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:38:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/01 12:05:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

>    Are the seat rails bolted to the floor pan with bolts from
> above into captive nuts or do the nuts come off the bottom
> of the pan?  This is non-trivial as the seat rails are frozen in
> place.  The usual slide forward, slide back procedure would

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rick, my experience is with a Midget, but the B is probably similar.

First, get some BUSTY (or PB Blaster, or Kroil) and spray the seat rails
liberally.  It will loosten them up, and the seats are a darn site easier to
remove if you can move the seat up and back.

On the Midget, one end of the rail has a captive bolt that sticks thru the
floor.  Remove the nut and lockwasher from underneath.  The other end, I
believe, has a captive nut and you remove a bolt, but I am not sure.  It may
just be a hole with a bolt and nut.  It's been a while since I did that job.

In any case, try to free the movement of the seat to make the job easier.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport