Rear end Repair

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end Repair
From: "Chris and Jodi Barnhart" <barnhart@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:40:39 -0700
Hello all,

I eventually need to pull the rear end out of the '69B and run through the
crown wheel/pinion gear setup.  I've done the thrust washers fix and I've
still got a clunk (It's not wheel splines either). I suspect when I replaced
the pinion gear seal a couple years ago I crushed the "crushable spacer" a
bit too much and upset the crown/pinion gear positions.  Anyway, has anyone
done this procedure and what do you use in lieu of the spacers that no one
seems to sell.  I was thinking of having a spacer machined then using
various shims (like on the front wheels) to get it set up right.  Is there a
better way?

Chris

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list