Re: MGA 1500: Carbs intermittent flooding question

To: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA 1500: Carbs intermittent flooding question
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:57:34 -0500
At 1:22 PM -0400 5/26/01, Steve Morris wrote:
>List,
>

>I'm going out now and take a look at the float, seat, etc., but if anyone
>has an idea, I'm listening.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

Steve

What fuel pump are you running? If it is an after market pump, check
your fuel pressure. SUs are designed to run at 3.5 PSI. You may get
away with 5 PSI, but no more. Also might replace the needle valve.

Then again, you might just drop in an 1800 with overdrive and HS6s.
Makes a great ride, but it is a bit radicle as a cure for a leaky
carb.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/