Almost there....

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Almost there....
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:27:20 -0700
    I went at the 78B today.  I put the peddle box and master cylinder
back in and it's ready to be bled.  Haynes suggests I unscrew the (PDWA)
actuater switch 3 1/2 turns to bring the plunger clear the piston. 1.
Doesn't this cause the switch to leak when bleeding? Will do the
bleeding tomorrow.
    I started the engine up to see if all was running ok so I wouldn't
have any suprises after the brakes are bled.  Sure enough the Hif 4 carb
closest to fire wall was leaking from the bottom.  So I took the float
cover off and inspected the gasket.  It was brittle and must have been
the problem. I didn't see gas leaking anywhere else. 2. How do you cross
your fingers in computer lingo?  Now to figure out how to locate two
gaskets and get them before friday so I can get it inspected for the
show this weekend.
    Next was the overdrive switch for an LH O/D.  I installed a new
switch on the gear shift. The PO had it on a toggle switch attached
under the dash.  The problem is....(I had all the emails and posts in
hand from several of you ready to attack this :-))  I found one wire
coming from the Gear switch and attached one of the wires (brown) coming
from the gear shift to it.  The other wire coming from the Gear switch
goes directly to the solenoid. There is a bullitt connection half way up
this wire, it starts as a black wire from the solenoid and after the
bullitt conection it turns into red (PO installed I guess) which goes,
as stated before, to the Gear switch (this is suppose to be yellow/red
isn't it?).  So my question is where do I connect the other wire (blue)
from the gear shift.  According to Haynes diagram it should go to the
solenoid.  But that wire is going to the Gear switch....what do I do?
Or am I totally mixed up and need Psycho Thearpy.  Don't answer that
Larry!!
    Lastly, the overdrive swap is on hold for the 70B until after the
Hope Lodge show this coming Saturday. The Hope Lodge show was a washout
this past Saturday. 3. Anyone available Sunday and Monday June 3 & 4  to
help with that?
Jim
78B
70B