Re: junkyard

To: Steve Darby <elan@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: junkyard
From: Martin <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:05:37 -0500
Steve,
>From Albuquerque,  New Mexico take I-40 west to Nashville, TN.
Get off just before 51st Street.
Go north a couple of  blocks. The yard is on the left. I was told that
the guy who owns that yard also owns Mickey's Motors on
Nolensville Rd also in Nashville, TN. Their phone no. is 615/242-9592.

FYI he wants $800 for the Riley. The Rily's left sill was
missing as it had rusted away. It has been sitting there in the open
for at least 8 years. I had talked to Mickey a couple of weeks ago.
He told me the floor boards in the Riley were rusted.
No one was there when I visited Sat. so I had to view everything through
the fence. Look at the background of the TD image to get an idea of the
neighborhood. It looks like a residential house with a large yard and a fence.
Look closely and you can see the roof of the green Healy
just behind  the white Triumph and hiding the corner of the window.
You can also see a smidgen of red from an early MGB that sits to the left of
the green Healey. Look at the image of
the green Healy to see the tail light of the early red MGB and the bottom of the
window obscured in the TD image.

Let me know what you find out, if anything. Tell him I sent you.

Regards,
Martin

Steve Darby wrote:

> Where is this yard and do they have a phone # ?
> Steve
>
> Martin wrote:
>
> > Saturday I went to the Euro-fest car show in Nashville, TN. A local
> > Riley owner told me about
> > a Nashville junkyard that was full of LBCs. I saw
> > MG Midgets, MGBs,  Big Healeys, an  MG TD, a few assorted Triumphs and a
> > Riley.
> > No one was there so I had to settle for taking a few images through the
> > fence.
> > http://search.virtual-motors.com/~riley/junkyard/
> > For some twisted reason I enjoy visiting junkyards and leering at the
> > rusting cars.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Martin

///